b.Blunt – When talking cannabis, everyone wants to know what the best strains are to try. When you walk into a dispensary you’re basically walking into a mall for marijuana. I say mall because when you go to the mall, there are so many stores to go to. Unfortunately, you don’t have the time to make it to every store. You then have to choose the stores that have the certain type of item you are looking for. Most of all, you don’t want to empty your wallet when shopping.
One type of marijuana smokers try their best to stay away from is mid. I am from the Midwest where we tend to call it “Reggie”, “Reggie Bush”, “Booboo”, or “Brick Weed”. The term for this weed is different depending on where you are from. The overall concept is that the weed sucks. Typically, this is the kind of marijuana you purchase when you are on an extremely tight budget and you still want to smoke. You can also purchase this weed if you are unfamiliar with different strains and someone is trying to get over on you. “Reggie” is usually identified when there are more seeds and stems than there are buds. If you ever encounter this weed, don’t even smoke it. You will be highly disappointed.
It is hard to decide whether or not you are getting a good batch of weed. I mean, when you’re spending anywhere from $15-$30 a gram, you want to make sure you are getting a good deal. Cannabis lovers know what to look for when they are purchasing. Good weed is identified by color, smell, and sometimes the feeling. NEVER purchase weed that is too dry.
To help you make a good purchase, I have gone through and picked out some of the top 10 strains a majority of people enjoy.
- Pink Starburst: Hybrid strain that is birthed from a combination of DJ Shorts Blueberry, AJ Sour Diesel, and Headband. Smokers enjoy this strain because it has a sweet taste to it. Medically recommend for pain, anxiety, or nausea. This is a strain that you can smoke in the morning or at night before bed.
- Girl Scout Cookies: Another Hybrid strain derived from a combination of OG Kush and Durban Poison. Popular strain due to the fact that a lot of celebrities talk about it. It’s mostly enjoyed because of the smooth feeling it gives when inhaled along with the 28% THC it has.
- Gorilla Glue: No…not the product you buy in the hardware section at your local store. They call this strain Gorilla Glue because of how potent it is. If the name doesn’t explain the effects, then I guess you have to try it for yourself. You start to feel the high almost immediately. This is mostly recommended if you do not plan on getting out of your house for the day.
- Chiquita Banana: 5 percent of THC in the Chiquita Banana strain. The taste of it is a cross between banana and OG Kush. This is another highly potent strain. I’d recommend using this for an end of the day smoke session.
- White Widow: This is a strain your uncle Troy smoked when he was in high school in the 80s. Till this day, White Widow remains a popular strain amongst smokers. It is not super potent, but still gives you a great high.
- Blue Dream: If you are one of those people who like to smoke before a long day of work, this is a strain for you. (Disclaimer: Do not smoke before work!) Blue Dream is known for giving a great head high, but leaving you motivated and focused to still function throughout the day.
- Durban Poison: Coming from the city of Durban in South Africa, a lot of people have grown to enjoy this strain. Unlike Gorilla Glue, this strain will uplift you. Plus, it has a sweet smell to it. THC content isn’t too high at 24 percent, but it definitely still gives you the perfect buzz you want.
- White Fire OG: 25 to 30 percent THC level. A highly recommended daytime strain if you want something that will keep you up.
- Northern Lights: This strain is for all of those smokers that have high anxiety. When you smoke Northern Lights, your body will feel free along with your mind. It is known to give its smoker a nice relaxing high.
- ACDC: Not the band! ACDC has a lower level of THC, which gives you less of a psychoactive effect. Fortunately, it still gets you high, but mostly keeps you relaxed and focused. Another strain recommended to anyone with anxiety.
Danielle is a 23 year old wife, musician, and entrepreneur.